September 28, 2011 by S.B. 1, 82nd Leg., 1st C.S.
The account consists of (Natural Resources Code unless otherwise indicated):
1) Proceeds from bonds and other financial security required by this chapter and benefits under well-specific plugging insurance policies described by Sec. 91.104(c);
2) Private contributions, including contributions under Sec. 89.084;
3) Expenses collected under Sec. 89.083;
4) Fees imposed under Sec 85.2021;
5) Costs recovered under Sec. 91.457 or 91.459;
6) Proceeds collected under Sec. 89.085 and 91.115;
7) Oil and gas waste hauler permit applications fees under Sec. 29.015, Water Code;
8) Costs recovered under Sec. 91.113(f);
9) Hazardous oil and gas waste generation fees collected under Sec. 91.605;
10) Oil-field cleanup regulatory fees on oil collected under Sec. 81.116;
11) Oil-field clean regulatory fees on gas collected under Sec. 81.117;
12) Fees for a reissued certificate collected under Sec. 91.707;
13) Fees collected under Sec. 91.1013;
14) Fees collected under Sec. 89.088;
15) Fees collected under Sec. 91.142;
16) Fees collected under Sec. 91.654;
17) Costs recovered under Sec. 91.656 and 91.657;
18) Two-thirds of the fees collected under Sec. 81.0521;
19) Fees collected under Sec. 89.024 and 89.026;
20) Legislative appropriations;
21) Any surcharge collected under Sec. 81.070.
22) Fees collected under 91.0115
The account may be used for any purpose related to the regulation of oil and gas development, including oil and gas monitoring, inspections, remediation and well plugging, public information and services related to those activities, alternative fuel programs and administrative costs and state benefits for personnel involved in those activities.
Oil-field cleanup regulatory fees on oil and gas shall not be collected on or after the first day of the second month following certification by the commission to the Comptroller of the date the account balance equals or exceeds $20 million. The Comptroller shall resume collecting the fees upon receipt of commission certification the account has fallen below $10 million.
|Classification||Group 01: General State Operating and Disbursing Funds [?]|
|Depository Interest||Deposited to General Revenue Fund 0001.|
|Disposition of Balance||Accumulative|
|Appropriation Technique||General Appropriations Act|
H.B. 7, 83rd Leg., R.S. added fees under Natural Resources Code 91.0115 and alternative fuel program use.
H.B. 7, 83rd Leg., R.S. requires interest be deposited to General Revenue (0001).
|State Fund Group||01 - GENERAL STATE OPERATING & DISBURSING FDS|